This bench was given to me for free by a lady from whom I bought a French Armoire. I will post the French Armoire project at a later time.
It was nasty, dusty and overall very unappealing bench ( I guess this is why it was free … hey, no complaint.)
So here are the steps :
(1) After a light sanding job, I spray painted random areas of the bench with ” Rustoleum Heirloom White.” (2) After drying out, I resanded almost all of the white paint with a fine grid sanding wedge. (3) I buffed it with a wet cloth, (4)then I used my foam brush and stained the bench with “Minwax Stain Jacobean 2750.” 24 hours later, I started on the upholstery.
The upholstering process:
I bought 3″ thick green foam from Joann’s fabrics, because as you may see the bench was very rigid and stiff. Now it all ready after a new big foamy layer , batting, and the fabric all joined by a stapling gun.
For the piping I used the remains of the fabric, a piping cord, and my zipper foot on the sewing machine. The fabric had a fringe/frayed edge so I didn’t have to cut it. I kept it as I felt it went well with the distressed rustic style.
This pillow is a no sew , I just used a steam adhesuze tape, check out the tutorial here.
|The back was a bit cracked so I glued this hardware to cover it and it adds the old and rustic feel to it
one last picture
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST PLEASE ADD ME TO “FOLLOWER” LIST. I’M GROWING MY FAN LIST.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Linking to itssoverycheri